The One Where Jani Backs Peloton & Victor Gets A Mohawk
The duo return from a short holiday break for the 10th episode of Foreign Devs. Victor and Jani discuss the outrage over the new Peloton TV ad. Jani shops for a Sleep Number bed and unearths some clever marketing strategies, and the power of customer feedback/reviews online. After weeks of waiting, including a damaged delivery, Jani receives his new 13" MacBook Pro just as the new 16" debuts. Victor touches on his Mac setups, performance upgrades and debates dual-screens vs. a large single screen. As a follow-up to his first and successful Laravel API Development & Vue JS SPA from Scratch Udemy course, Victor launches a 10-hour series: Facebook Clone with Laravel, TDD, Vue & Tailwind CSS. Jani takes a look at technology advancing quicker than perceptions in society, and Victor looks at how phone upgrade cycles have changed since mobile phones became mainstream and the role marketing has played in them. Finally, Victor shares the story of why he showed up with a mohawk for his original interview with Jani.
- Peloton TV ad outrage: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/12/peloton-christmas-gift-controversy/603148/
- Facebook Clone with Laravel, TDD, Vue & Tailwind CSS Udemy course by Victor: https://www.udemy.com/course/facebook-clone-with-laravel-tdd-vue-tailwind-css/
- Laravel API Development & Vue JS SPA from Scratch Udemy course by Victor: https://www.udemy.com/course/laravel-api-development-vue-js-spa-from-scratch/
- What's new in PHP 7.4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thGH8jYlQCc
- Chevrolet's Website Refuses to Call the Silverado's 2.7-L Turbo Engine a 'Four-Cylinder': https://www.thedrive.com/news/30958/chevrolets-website-refuses-to-call-the-silverados-2-7-l-engine-a-four-cylinder